The Community Information Digest is a weekly "e-newsletter" released every Thursday from 2-1-1 Texas, intended to disseminate information through the community regarding local nonprofit events, meetings, professional trainings, volunteer and employment opportunities. For information regarding submission guidelines, click here.
All submissions for inclusion in the Community Information Digest should be sent via email to email@example.com.
As a publication of 2-1-1 Texas, the Community Information Digest must comply with the statutes of the organization. The list below indicates organizations or individuals who are fitting for 2-1-1 Texas inclusion. When considering submissions for inclusion, the following list will be consulted:
• Advocacy groups
• Elected representatives at the city, county, state, and federal levels
• Health care providers of hospitals, health clinics, licensed home-health agencies, and intermediate and skilled nursing facilities
• Licensed day care centers for adults and children
• Nonprofit agencies that provide a non-discriminatory human service
• Organizations (such as churches and social clubs) that offer a service to the community at large (rather than requiring membership in the organization)
• Private companies that provide a community service, AND at least one of the following:
- Hosting an event/fundraiser directly benefiting a local nonprofit organization
- A sliding fee scale or for free
- Offer a service not available in the nonprofit sector
- Professional organizations, especially in social services and health related fields
- Self-help and mutual support groups
- Service clubs
- Texas-based government agencies providing a social service or health, education, recreation, legal, or consumer protection services
- Toll-free lines that provide information about, or direct access to, a health and human service resource, AND can be accessed by Texas residents
- Transportation services for clients of state and local health and human service agencies
Please submit the event name, date, time, place, cost, and a description of the event (descriptions should contain a very brief narrative on who should participate, contact information for questions or registration and information on how the community will benefit). All submissions should be made via email, with the event name and date in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please include event descriptions**
Submission must be received by Tuesday at 5:00 PM to be included in that week’s edition. Event submissions for same-week events will not be published; events submitted on Tuesday should be occurring no earlier than the following Monday. Events can be published up to two weeks before their occurrence. This allows adequate event promotion.
Local Events will run within approximately two weeks of occurring.
Save the Dates will run within approximately four to six weeks of occurring.
Employment Opportunities entries will be listed for no longer than four weeks. If after that time, the position is still open, it can be resubmitted for inclusion.
Volunteer Opportunities are now being listed on the Volunteer Brazos Valley Website. For more information please visit www.VolunteerBrazosValley.org.