We are excited to see you reach your fundraising goal and join us on October 12! Here are the Top 5 things to do to get you started on your first adventure - fundraising!
- Set up your fundraising page. Your registration confirmation text has the link to your personal fundraising page. We have put some general information on it, but its better to personalize your information. Grab your best selfie, use it as your profile picture, and add some details about WHY this event is important to you. Make it fun and keep it personal - people love to support the people they know!
- Review our Tips on How To Raise $1,000. But don't stop there! Be creative with your fundraising ideas and you'll see great success!
- Let people know you are doing this! Snail mail, e-mail, social media, or messenger pigeon... use what you know best to connect with your friends and family. You can use our sample letter/email to send to friends and family requesting support for your effort, or create your own
- Hand out your fundraising cards! Grab a set of business card blanks (Avery 5376) at the local office supply, then print a stack of these cards! Click here to download this template.
- Share the mission! People aren't just supporting you, they are supporting United Way. Tell people why you support United Way and why they should too. You can use our United Way of the Brazos Valley Strategic Bold Goals card - the things we are fighting to change in our community over the next 5 years.
REMEMBER: Have fun, but don't forget to say THANK YOU! The most important part of fundraising is the THANK YOU and it is probably the easiest part.
- Don't forget to write a personal note of thanks to those who supported you
- It is easier to do this as pledges are received rather than doing it after the event is over.
- Don't forget to share pictures from your adventure with those who supported you.
Secure your rappel TODAY! In order to ensure your participation in Over the Edge and guarantee your spot, complete our Credit Card Deposit Form. You keep fundraising till September 30th, then United Way of the Brazos Valley will charge your credit for the amount of $1,000 less the amount of funds you have raised.
Handling Cash and Check donations: You are welcome to collect cash and checks as donations to your rappel. To have them count on your fundraising page, you will need to deliver them to our office by October 10th. We can add them to your fundraising page “behind the scenes” so it shows towards your total. Be sure to check our Donor Receipts page to check how we handle receipts for these donations.
- Cash: Please hand deliver between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Be sure that you receive a receipt from our office upon delivery!
- Checks: Feel free to mail checks to our office. Be sure to include documentation of your name to make sure that we credit your page for the donation.
United Way of the Brazos Valley
Attn: Over The Edge
1716 Briarcrest Drive, Suite 155, Bryan, TX 77802